Saturday 5 September 2015

Lush Cosmetics Haul

Hiya Guys!

Long time no blog....

But I'm back and I'm ready to take this shit seriously. I've gone through a bit of a rough patch lately and after lots and LOTS of overthinking I decided to give this blogging mallarky another go as I am forever shopping and don't feel that my little Twitter and Instragram haul's are doing it for me. I love sharing what I've bought and letting people know about exciting things in stores at the moment. So let's get to it....

On Bank Holiday Monday I took myself to Leeds to buy a few things and to be honest, it was extremely unsuccessful. I wanted to purchase most of Gabriella's Primark Collection and there was only one thing in store and then I had a HUGE list for Lush but only managed to get two things because they'd all sold out. So this is a mixture from in store and online.

The Comforter - Shower Cream


Yes that's right, they have made The Comforter into a Shower Cream - WHAT THE HECK. If we go back in time to my first blog post in October 2014 I mentioned then that The Comforter will always be one of my favourite Lush products and now they've made it into a Shower Cream and I couldn't be happier.

So not only can I use my favourite scented Lush product when I'm having a bubble bath but now I can use it in the shower as well - woop! For those who aren't familiar with the product the Lush website advises that it has 'Cassis Absolute' which is 'Comforting and Fruity', 'Bergamot Oil' which is 'Uplifting and Cleansing' and 'Almond Oil' which is 'Hydration for skin and hair'.


The Experimenter - Bath Bomb


If you use Instagram I'm 99% sure you will have seen this product featured on someone's profile. A lovely picture of it fizzing away in their bath (PS I will be doing one of these generic pictures). So you will know that it looks AMAZING...

That was my reason for buying this and it seemed to be very popular as one of the lovely ladies in store told me that it sold out within days of the delivery coming in. So as soon as I got home that evening I went straight online to place an order to make sure I didn't miss out it! I haven't used the product yet but like I say make sure you're following me on Instagram to see what it looks like. It smells very Autumn and Christmassy which I love - perfect for the upcoming months. The ingredients include 'Tonka Absolute' which is 'Sweetly Scented', 'Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute' which is 'Sweet and comforting scent' and 'Vetivert Oil' which is 'Restorative and Relaxing'.


Milky Bath - Bubble Bar


I believe this is a fairly new product and it was one on my list to buy. As well as the crazy sweet candyfloss scents I also wanted to buy some products to calm and relax me and I was drawn to buying this for that reason (and also because it's extra cute).

This is a bubble bar so will last you a few baths. If you haven't used a bubble bar before all you do is break a piece off and crumble it under the water and TADA - you have bubbles! The ingredients were another reason I bought this because it contains extra moisturising ingredients which is amazing for the colder months. Some of these include 'Skimmed Milk' which is 'Softening and Soothing', 'Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter' which is 'Softening and  Conditioning' and 'Patchouli Oil' which is 'Exotic, earthy aroma'.


Butterball Bath Bomb


This was another one along side Milky Bath which I wanted to buy as more of a relaxing bath product. This one is a Bath Bomb so you just need to drop it into your bath and let it fizz away and create a beautiful scent and silky feeling water. When this fizzes it releases tiny pieces of cocoa butter which will melt in the water and make your skin feel SOO smooth and moisturised. I would 100% recommend this product if you have dry or sensitive skin.

The key ingredients are 'Cocoa Butter' which 'Soothes and Softens' and 'Ylang Ylang Oil' which is 'Sweet, heady and floral'.


Bubblegum - Lip Scrub


This Bubblegum Lip Scrub is a re-purchase for me because it is SO yummy, it also does a really good job at exfoliating your lips (but the number one reason it's because it's yummy).

These are extremely good products for people with chapped lips or for those who just want to make your pout more 'poutier'. All you need to do is apply it to your lips and scrub it in and because it's made from all natural ingredients you can lick it off when you've done! MMM. It's also a well know fact that regularly exfoliating your lips can make them more plump. The two main ingredients are 'Caster Sugar' and 'Organic Jojoba Oil'.



Pink Flamingo - Reusable Bubble Bar


The reusable Bubble Bar's on sticks are such a good idea. I find that they last much longer than a normal Bubble Bar because all you have to do is swirl it around in your water and you can see the bubbles forming. And it's a Flamingo... Why else wouldn't you want a Pink Flamingo that can make amazing bubbles in your bath?

This is one of the more sweet 'candy' scents and I absolutely ADORE it. Literally whilst writing this blog post I have picked up the stick and smelt it around 2401 times, I'm obsessed. There is nothing more satisfying than when you want to have a pamper and having a bright pink girly bubble bath that smells sweet and fruity! The Lush site says that the main ingredients are 'Ylang Ylang Oil' which is 'Sweet, heady and floral', 'Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter' which is 'Softening and Conditioning' and 'Rosewood Oil' which is 'Antiseptic and Uplifting'.


Intergalactic - Bath Bomb  



This was one of the main reasons for my visit to Lush along side The Experimenter, as this was another that kept appearing on my Instagram feed.

This is a peppermint smelling product and from what I've seen makes your bath look like outer space when you drop it in. I am so excited to try it out (and take another Instagram picture) and see what it looks like for me. It also seems to have glitters and shimmers inside from what I've seen that make the water glisten. The main ingredients are 'Peppermint Oil' which is 'Cooling and Invigorating', 'Grapefruit Oil' which is 'Uplifting and Refreshing' and 'Cedarwood Oil' which is 'Toning and Balancing'.



 Charity Pot - Hand and Body Lotion


And finally I just wanted to write a little bit about this product. Each time when you take a trip to a Lush store they always ask whether you would like to donate £1 to charity for a little sample size of Charity Pot. I always do this and I probably have about 10 of these lying around my bedroom and in my handbag.

This Hand and Body Lotion really is incredible. I completely forgot about it until my recently visit in store and used it one night after doing my nails and fell back in love. I've found recently that my cuticles have been getting very dry and hand cream doesn't usually solve the problem but this did the trick. Not only does it make your skin feel beautiful but it smells incredible too. You can find out more of what happens with the donations HERE.


So this weeks post has come to an end. I am aiming to do a new blog post each week so look out for them. As always I hope you enjoyed the read and please let me know what you think - it really is appreciated.

Amber xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment